Live Drama-Based Training
Learning that engages all the senses is powerful, memorable and effective! That’s what our clients tell us. Experiential learning, using live, interactive drama-based methods is at the heart of our programmes and interventions.
The drama and immediacy of our live theatre transforms how people behave and perform at work by holding up a mirror, providing a unique opportunity to develop self-knowledge and awareness. Through a process of pioneering techniques, the audience is transformed. Solutions begin to emerge. Outcomes are discussed, providing a clear route forward to change workplaces for the better. We will take a deep look at all levels of your organisation and based on confidential research, we will develop a script and select an acting team that will reflect your organisation.
Your staff will see their environment presented on stage in a realistic performance. As our live theatre is also valuable for issues-based programmes, such as diversity and inclusion, values and behaviours, getting a message across, stimulating debate and raising awareness. It is a compelling means to help engage staff and improve how they learn.
RESEARCH, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND, PERFORM, LEARN AND IMPROVE
What are the benefits of this approach?
- Interactivity: experiential learning involves participants in a way that classroom training never can.
- Explore difficult issues: these can be generic or specific to an organisation.
- A non-threatening, safe environment: to reflect on their participants’ own and others’ behaviour.
- Engagement of all the senses: a key advantage over lectures and classroom-based learning.
- Sustained impact on behaviour: lessons are better learned through experience. Experiential training is has a sustained impact on behaviour, attitudes and performance.
- Cost effective: drama-based training, can deliver a powerful and meaningful experience for large numbers at a time.
Our experienced team can blend a number of techniques and approaches to suit your desired outcomes, including:
A live theatrical experience is an excellent way of communicating directly with an audience, encouraging empathy and engagement. A play is not a piece of propaganda – it mirrors reality in your organisation, involving recognisable issues and challenges. Fantastic for reaching large numbers of people and communicating complex messages.
A highly interactive and safe way of exploring issues using actors directed by the audience. Lively discussions follow a scripted scene with delegates stepping into their characters shoes and learning to develop empathy and practice new skills in a safe environment (a huge improvement on role play!).
Corporate drama and monologues
Researched in your organisation to reflect real issues, real people and real challenges.
Participants have the opportunity to speak to the characters from the scenario to ‘unpick’ issues, probe them to improve understanding, build empathy and develop appropriate communication styles.